Check out our Frequently Asked Questions!
The Syracuse Public Library is here for you. Are you interested in our services, but you aren't sure where to start because you have too many questions? We can help!
For your convenience, we've added this section to our site to help you find what you need quickly. Browse through our questions below. If you have questions about our services, please visit our Services page. You may be surprised at what all we offer!
If you cannot find an answer to your question, please ask any library staff member by calling (574) 457-3022 or asking in person.
How do I get a library card?
- If you live or own property in Turkey Creek township, bring a current, valid photo ID and proof of address. Acceptable proofs of address include mail, statements, bills, leases, etc. A current driver's license is also an acceptable form of identification.
- If you do not live in Turkey Creek township, you may purchase a card for either $75.50 for a year or $25.50 for 4 months (effective April 27, 2021). You must bring a current, valid photo ID and proof of address.
- You can use your card at any Evergreen library. Local libraries include: Milford, North Webster, Cromwell, and Albion. You can return materials at any Evergreen library as well.
- You can purchase another card for $2.
- You can call the library at (574) 457-3022 to renew materials. You can also click on Search the Catalog, click on "My Account" in the top right corner of the page, and put in your library card number and password. If you do not know your password, you can go to any Evergreen library with your library card, and they will give you a new pin number. Click on Items Checked Out, choose the boxes next to the items, and renew the selected materials.
- Yes. Find the item in our catalog. Click the "Place Hold" button. If you are not already logged on (see above instructions), enter your library card number (without spaces) and PIN, make sure the pickup location is Syracuse (or change it to Milford or North Webster if its your preference), choose how you want to be notified when the hold arrives, and click submit.
- Yes! We love our readers to make suggestions for new materials! We will either purchase the material or borrow it from another library. You can ask at either circulation desk.